With 800 million people suffering from hunger and $1.6 billion worth of food wasted worldwide, the need of the hour is educating more and more people about it
Food Loss Saga is a non-profit organization with teams in different parts of the world who aim to raise awareness of the Global Problem of Food Loss. Our vision for next 5 years is to commit 1% of world population (i.e. 70million people) that they will not waste food at personal level. .
We have designed a standard presentation that we showcase in different platforms such as seminars, school & universities, corporates and even family gatherings. On behalf of Food Loss Saga, I request your support and provide us a platform where we could reach out to maximum individuals and make a difference in the world. There’s a famous quote from Mahatma Gandhi — 'There are people in the world so hungry, that God cannot appear to them except in the form of bread.
Trillion Number of people that
joined the last edition
of losses happen at retail and consumer levels.
Billion of carbon dioxide is generated due to food wastage, which accelerates global climate change
Million hungry people in the world could be fed if just one-fourth of the food currently lost or wasted globally could be saved
Food Wastage and Ways to Stop it
* Plan out your meals and make a detailed shopping list with the ingredients you'll need. Make sure you stick to the list.
* If you live far away from the store or do not like shopping, be thoughtful of your purchase and do not buy extra food/ingredients.
* Don't over-serve friends and family when they come home
* Using small plates can help with that
* Label your leftovers so you can keep track of how long they've been in your fridge or freezer, and incorporate them into your daily or weekly routine
* DO NOT order too much. You can always re-order.
* Fill your plates in small portions.
* Take away the leftovers.
* Some restaurants accept back untouched items. Inquire!
* In case of buffets, do not fill everything. Ask around, take feedback and then fill your plate.
Teach kids how to avoid food wastage
Plan meals which you can cook together
Discuss the cost of different foods at the grocery store
Explain what happens to the food when we throw it away
Involve children in food preparation and cooking. They will be more likely to consume what they have prepared
Contact with us
United Arab Emirates